From China, For Now
The horse was fashioned from clay over a millennium ago in China during the Tang dynasty. And collector Sam Merrin wanted it badly. So after a spirited auction in March at Sotheby's New York, he won the coveted object for $937,500--double the estimated price.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing