Shiseido Is Giving Itself A Whole New Look
In the newly chic circles of China's cosmopolitan cities, Chinese women with money to spend are buying beauty. As one might expect, they prefer French for fashionable clothing and Italian for stylish shoes. But for cosmetics, their choice, surprisingly, is Japanese. "It's better for sensitive skin and suits Asian skin more than the European brands do," says a freckled 33-year-old civil servant purchasing makeup at the Shiseido counter inside the China World Trade Center in Beijing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner