More On Those Platinum Parachutes
Discounting the absence of physical violence, today's executive-suite gang exhibits morals no different from those of Colombia's drug lords or Italy's Mafia dons ("Where parting is such a sweet deal," American News, Mar. 31). Compared with this crew, Astra's Lars Bildman is an amateur. Don't these guys realize, or care, that they're selling capitalist democracy down the river, that they're planting the seeds for the resurrection of communism? Why do they think they deserve all that money? If the answer is because they've done well for their shareholders, I say: Yes, but for the wrong ones, the speculators. For the survival of capitalist democracy, only the long-range investor counts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline