Iridium Is Looking A Little Star Crossed
Motorola Inc. has been both mother and father to the satellite-phone system called Iridium. Motorola engineers hatched the idea for Iridium in 1987. The Schaumburg (Ill.)-based company provided the original funding for the 66-satellite system. It led the establishment of Iridium LLC as a separate company, supplied it with a chief executive, and pulled in other companies to finance what it estimates will be the project's $5 billion startup price tag.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks