Look Who's Pushing Productivity
David W. Groetsch has brought in plenty of consultants over the years to his 500-worker unit of Aluminum Co. of America, which makes equipment for the packaging industry. As the division president, he has tried all the trends, from quality to teams. But the union as consultant? That was a new one. The International Association of Machinists (IAM), which represents 170 of his workers at a Denver plant, came knocking in 1994, asking to help create a high-performance work system.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day