Hopes And Hazards Of The Biotech Century
I would like to add one observation to your fine article on "The Biotech Century" (Special Report, Mar. 10). The essential feature of the biotech revolution is that it is converting medicine from an empirical guessing game into a bona fide science. Every technical field goes through this transition. When it does, advances occur at an unimaginable pace. The critical moment comes when a scientific area goes from trial-and-error to prediction based on knowledge of the inner mechanisms and principles at work. We are now on that threshold in the medical field.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap