Volkswagen Is Back In The Suppe
The whistle-blower this time was ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd., the Swiss-Swedish conglomerate. Last year ABB auditors uncovered accounting irregularities in a project to build a paint shop for Volkswagen's Skoda unit in the Czech Republic. ABB had apparently paid millions of dollars in kickbacks to land the contract. After an investigation, ABB in December laid out the findings to VW and filed blackmail charges with the district attorney's office in Zurich. On February 17, ABB filed similar charges in the German city of Braunschweig.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020