British Telecom: A Cart Horse Turns Into A Thoroughbred
Peter L. Bonfield wants to convince the world that British Telecommunications PLC is not just a boring old utility. As he enters his second year as BT's CEO, he is much closer to his goal than many predicted. If, as expected, regulators approve BT's $20 billion-plus plan to buy MCI Communications Corp. this fall, the newly renamed Concert PLC would gain a huge jump on rivals such as AT&T and Deutsche Telekom in the race to build a globe-spanning phone juggernaut. "People are starting to realize that maybe BT
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders