Your Guide To Bond Funds
Call them the ugly ducklings of mutual funds. Bond funds have been ignored by the investors. While investors hold $886 billion in bond funds, they put only $13.2 billion in new money into them last year compared with $222 billion in fresh cash that poured into equity funds. And most of that flowed to high-yield or "junk-bond" funds. Government-bond funds, with their portfolios full of U.S. government-backed debt, bled as investors took more money out than they put in. Municipal-bond funds suffered the same fate.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas