The Gop Should Zero In On Protecting Our RightsPaul Craig Roberts
In his second inauguration speech, President Clinton backed away rhetorically from the activist big-government themes of his first term. Before Republicans relax over the prospects of a budget deal, however, they should take note of the budget land mines Clinton sowed in the period between his reelection and his inauguration and reconsider their approach to governing, emphasizing oversight of the executive branch instead of a legislative agenda.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis