Does Murdoch Have An Edge In A Crucial Cable Tv Battle?Amy Barrett
Get ready for a giant rumble on Capitol Hill: Rupert vs. the cable guys. Media mogul Rupert Murdoch, no slouch at winning in Washington, is lobbying Congress to rewrite copyright laws so that his planned satellite-TV system, American Sky Broadcasting (ASkyB), can offer consumers something cable operators provide but rival satellite systems usually can't: network programs and local stations. Cable operators, well aware of their critical advantage, are sure to fight fiercely to keep their edge.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States