How Apple Took Its Ne Xt Step
It was a true Silicon Valley moment: the return of Steven P. Jobs to Apple Computer Inc., the company he co-founded 20 years ago. As word spread of Apple's $400 million purchase of Jobs's NeXT Software Inc. on Dec. 20, one NeXT employee brought his pajama-clad son to witness the press conference at 7:15 that evening. A software executive called to ask if he could bring a date.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders