Since taking the wheel in 1993 at Mercedes-Benz, CEO HELMUT WERNER, 60, has changed it from a ponderous, money-losing maker of overpriced cars to a nimble purveyor of sexy, sold-out models. The ex-tire salesman has slashed costs and pushed into new markets, such as small cars and sport-utility vehicles. His biggest threat now: losing a power struggle with parent Daimler Benz, which wants more control.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner