Call It Puppy Love
Nobody is kicking this dog around anymore. HUSH PUPPIES, once the sensible footware of Eisenhower-era conformists, have become downright hip, appearing on the fashion runways of hot designers Anna Sui and John Bartlett. Parent Wolverine World Wide revived its clunky old shoes by tarting them up in Technicolor hues like Scarlet Feather and Hot Pepper. Sales of the $70-a-pair dogs nearly quadrupled in 1996.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet