Zap! Splat! Smarts?
It was late October, and the lights had been dimmed in the Beckman conference center at the University of California at Irvine. The chief technology officer of Total Entertainment Network (TEN), which runs a popular game site on the Web, was demonstrating how a group of players in cyberspace could match wits in an animated shoot-'em-up called Quake.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas