Dead Calm In The Eye Of The Cpi StormMike Mcnamee
Katharine Abraham has $190 billion on the line. Economists recently found that the consumer price index overstates inflation by 1.1 percentage points a year--costing billions in extra cost-of-living outlays. As Bureau of Labor Statistics commissioner, Abraham must make the CPI more accurate.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States