Mrv: Why Intel Is So InterestedBy
As if out of the blue, Intel agreed on Nov. 27 to invest $4 million in tiny MRV Communications (MRVC), a maker of semiconductor laser diodes and fiber-optic transmitters. MRV, then at 171/2, jumped to 201/4 on the news Intel was buying 200,000 shares at 20 apiece. Intel's investment could balloon to $14 million if it exercises an option to buy a further 500,000 shares, also at 20.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks