Helping The Russian Mafia Help Itself
Valery A. Korablinov's green Jeep Cherokee had just pulled away from his country house near Moscow on Nov. 1 when two men jumped from behind a fence and opened fire, killing him and critically wounding his driver. Another contract hit on a Russian businessman? Yes, with one difference. Korablinov, 57, was president of the All-Russian Society of the Deaf. In the past two years, four people associated with his group have been gunned down in what police say is a mafia battle to control its finances.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing