An Electric Car Propelled By Star Power?
Someday, regular folks might pay extra for electric cars because they're good for the environment. But General Motors Corp. isn't waiting for that day to arrive. Instead, GM is going Hollywood as it launches the auto industry's first new-from-the-ground-up electric car in decades. The carmaker has lined up Jay Leno to be one of the first to drive the EV1 off the lot. And GM is plugging into the glitzy premiere of Sylvester Stallone's new disaster flick, Daylight: A parade of celebrities will arrive in the peppy two-seater at Mann's Chinese Theater for the movie's opening on Dec. 5, the day the EV1 goes on sale.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States