Glacial change. That was the expectation in Japan as Prime Minister Ryutaro Hashimoto formed the Cabinet of his new government in early November. After campaigning for reelection on a reform platform that few believed, Hashimoto packed his new Liberal Democratic Party Cabinet with old-line politicians who know money politics but have little stomach for taking on the country's bureaucrats.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing