Cuba Trade: This Hornets' Nest Is Really Buzzing
By signing the Cuban Liberty & Democratic Solidarity Act on Mar. 12, President Clinton helped ensure his Nov. 5 electoral victory in Florida. The measure, known as the Helms-Burton act, pleased hard-line Cuban exiles by threatening lawsuits against non-U.S. companies that invest in the island.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day