The Battle For India's Audience Of 450 Million
At Bombay's famous Famous Studios, Kunal Dasgupta, chief of Sony Entertainment Television India, is watching the Indian version of Wheel of Fortune being filmed for Sony's Indian channel. The starstruck Indian audience should be thrilled with this installment: Its hostess was among those short-listed for last year's Miss India title. Another participant played Buddha's wife in Bernardo Bertolucci's film Gautama. Dasgupta is pleased. But with so much competition in Indian media these days, it's a struggle to keep viewers and advertisers happy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas