Uncle Sam's Surprise For Grad Students

You may be due a tax refund, but the breaks are vanishing

Whether you are considering going back to college or have attended school recently thanks to an employer-paid education program, the Internal Revenue Service has a surprise for you. If you have taken advantage of your company's offer of educational assistance in 1995, you may be due a tax refund. However, if you are thinking about studying for an MBA or other graduate degree with the help of your employer, you no longer qualify for a big tax break.

To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.