Sun Starts A Buzz
Sun Microsystems Inc. is about to give rivals the jitters. On Oct. 29, it plans to unveil JavaStation, a major new entry in the race to develop "network computers," a new concept touted since last year by Oracle Corp. Sun's new machine, aimed at corporate buyers, is a stripped-down computer aimed at making some jobs as easy as--well, using a coffeemaker. Says Edward J. Zander, president of Sun's hardware unit: "JavaStations are an enormous opportunity to do an end-run around the PC."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy