Dems To Business: `We Love You, Yes We Do...'
For months, as Bob Dole's Presidential campaign floundered, business executives were able to console themselves with the belief that Congress would remain in GOP hands. No more. With polls showing the Democrats in striking distance of recapturing the House--and maybe the Senate--new gloom is settling over CEO-land. "The big-government people could be back in control," frets Roland S. Boreham Jr., head of Baldor Electric Co., a Fort Smith (Ark.) maker of electric motors with annual sales of $473 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Trump Boosts North Korea Sanctions, Adding Economic Pressure