National Semiconductor's Silicon Dreams
National Semiconductor Corp. is the Rodney Dangerfield of Silicon Valley. The company has always had great technical prowess, but its lackluster financials haven't earned it any respect. Even five years under turnaround artist Gilbert F. Amelio, who left early this year to head Apple Computer Inc., produced only modest profits and little growth. National's new CEO, Brian L. Halla, aims to change that with a strategy that will bring National into direct competition with his former employer, LSI Logic Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks