Bob's Doleful Demographics
Mildred Timinelli, a 94-year-old lifelong Republican, listened attentively on Sept. 26 as GOP nominee Bob Dole assured residents of the Fountainview retirement community in West Palm Beach, Fla., that he wouldn't destroy their cherished Medicare. But even a personal appeal couldn't convince Timinelli that Dole understands the problems of elderly voters. "To tell you the truth, I thought he was kind of a grouch," she says. Timinelli plans to vote for President Clinton because she fears Dole might slash her health program: "It was in all the papers that he was going to cut back on it."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing