Behind Surging U.S. Illegitimacy
The statistics are stark. Since the mid-1960s, the share of white children born out of wedlock has soared sixfold, to nearly 20%, and the black illegitimacy rate has tripled, to 66%. These trends are a major contributor to the high rate of poverty and related social ills that plague the nation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day