Bang! Bang! Welcome To Mexico
Riding to work in his bulletproof Mercedes-Benz, Antonio Gutierrez Cortina was cut off by three cars in a narrow street near his house in southern Mexico City. Armed men jumped out and yelled at the wealthy financier to get out. As his chauffeur tried to maneuver the Mercedes out of the trap, 11 shots fired by the would-be kidnappers bounced off the car's armor. Gutierrez Cortina and his driver escaped unharmed, and the police gave chase to the kidnappers, who fled.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing