The Gambling Kingpin Who's Hawking Vatican Giftware
It was a quiet lunch last spring in the Vatican apartment of Cardinal Rosalio Jose Castillo Lara, right next to St. Peter's. The cardinal was eating with his good friend John E. Connelly, a riverboat-gambling entrepreneur from Pittsburgh. Lara was talking about the Vatican's priceless art collection, the masterpieces housed in 13 museums and the Sistine Chapel. Then, as Connelly recalls, the cardinal popped a surprising question. "How would you like to market it?"
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy