A Stealth Bill On Mental Health
Senator Pete V. Domenici (R-N.M.) has struggled for 17 years with the mental illness of his 34-year-old daughter, a victim of treatable schizophrenia. At meetings of family support groups, he has encountered similar travails. He recalls the mother whose 25-year-old son spent years in a catatonic stupor until a drug released him from the prison of mental illness, and the accountant whose two sons--both suffering from schizophrenia--simply disappeared one day. Only one ever returned.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt