Can You Trust Your Toaster?
IT'S AN OFT-TOLD TALE IN science-fiction thrillers: A security system or flight controller goes berserk and threatens to coldly delete squishy biological life forms. But the plot might not be pure fiction. A growing number of scientists worry that machines might become so intelligent they'll gain the upper hand.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing