A New Parent For Lehman Brothers?By
On-again, off-again rumors that Lehman Brothers (LEH) is on the block are, well, on again. People who claim to be in the know insist that talks are going on between Lehman and a New York bank interested in Lehman's investment-banking prowess. The timing of the talks is opportune for the bank: Lehman stock, currently trading at 21 3/4, is about where it was back at the beginning of the year. A New York investment banker who insists that "the talks are definitely on" figures the stock is worth more than 40 in a buyout. A Lehman spokeswoman wouldn't comment on the rumor.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks