Soccer Says: Goodbye Hoodlums, Hello Big Money
It began with champagne. At an evening gathering in Amsterdam in mid-August, the captains of Dutch industry, including Philips President Jan Timmer and ABN AMRO Bank Chairman P.J. Kalff, celebrated the inauguration of the $145 million Amsterdam Arena. After cocktails and dinner, the executives got down to business--watching a soccer match between Ajax and Milan AC, two of Europe's top-ranked teams.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself