From The Nazis To Switzerland: A Paper Trail's Ugly End?
It is one of the most troubling questions to linger on from World War II: Did Switzerland profit from the abandoned bank deposits--and stolen gold--of Jews murdered by the Nazis? On Sept. 10, a key aspect of the issue became clearer: Britain's Foreign Office issued a report confirming that Germany looted more than $550 million in gold--now worth over $6 billion--from German-occupied countries and stashed most of it in Switzerland.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash