Canal Plus: If At First You Don't Hook Up...
French broadcaster Canal Plus may yet win the battle for Europe's couch potatoes. On Sept. 6, the $2 billion French pay-TV company agreed to merge with Nethold, nudging out a bid from Hughes Electronics of Los Angeles. The $1.8 billion deal would give Canal Plus an additional 1.5 million subscribers in Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, and Poland.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing