Giant Food: Good Enough To Eat?
Big investors have been adding shares of Giant Food (GFSA) to their shopping carts. In part, they're taking a cue from British food retailer J. Sainsbury, which recently increased its stake from 17% to 20% of Giant's Class A shares. Sainsbury already owns 50% of Giant's voting stock. The buzz is that before long the British grocer will opt to buy the entire company. The stock sells at 33 7/8 and is up about 8% so far this year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing