Safety In The Skies Begins At The Faa
When the National Transportation Safety Board investigated this spring's crash of a ValuJet Airlines plane, it found that some mechanics at the SabreTech repair facility in Miami used by ValuJet could not understand English, according to a BUSINESS WEEK investigation. We don't know how widespread this safety problem is, but it appears the Federal Aviation Administration is not adequately supervising the licensing of aircraft mechanics. What's going on here?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States