Conseco's Extreme ShoppingGreg Burns
Cold callers learn to live with rejection. So it's no surprise that Stephen Hilbert, the former encyclopedia salesman who heads Carmel (Ind.) insurance company Conseco, is bouncing back from his failed bid for Kemper two years ago. On Aug. 26, Hilbert unveiled four acquisitions with an aggregate value of $2 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks