What's Next, Securitized Bridge Tolls?
What do credit cards, security-alarm contracts, student loans, mutual-fund fees, and delinquent child-support payments have in common? The answer: securitization, one of those ugly words that investment bankers come up with. Through the wonders of this red-hot financing technique, companies--and even local governments--are creating marketable securities out of just about anything but the kitchen sink, as long as it's sitting on a balance sheet.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy