The Mirage Of Zero Inflation
Thanks to Alan Greenspan's Federal Reserve, inflation is currently running below 3% on a year-to-year basis, a 30-year low. Yet some economists and policymakers want to go further and pursue the elusive target of zero inflation. Senate Republicans have been pushing legislation to change the Fed's official mandate from promoting high employment and stable prices to the single goal of achieving price stability.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap