Needed: Toll Plazas On The I Way
On Aug. 7, America Online Inc., the world's largest online service, went dark for 19 hours. The system crashed while AOL was upgrading its equipment to deal with the skyrocketing demand for Internet connections. Deprived of E-mail and connections to the World Wide Web, users complained bitterly, making the front pages across the country.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock