From 1968 through 1988, the GOP benefited from its 21 "lock" states. This bloc was vital to victories in five of the six Presidential races. Then, in 1992, Clinton took nine lock states. If Dole can regain them --especially California--and win George Bush's '92 states, he'll have 286 electoral votes, with 270 needed for victory.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Deutsche Bank Inadvertently Made a $35 Billion Payment in a Single Transaction
- U.S. Stocks Decline on Tech Woes, Treasuries Slide: Markets Wrap
- Why a Cashmere Sweater Can Cost $2,000 … or $30
- Billionaire Banking Heir Matthew Mellon Dies at 54
- The U.K. Just Went 55 Hours Without Using Coal for the First Time in History