The White House Vs. The Greenhouse
Last month's call by the U.S. for mandatory limits on pollutants that can lead to global warming has sent shock waves through the American energy industry. As the world's largest producer of greenhouse gases, the U.S. had long opposed mandatory reductions. On July 17, however, Timothy E. Wirth, the Under Secretary of State for Global Affairs, surprised industry observers and environmentalistswitha dramatic reversal at a U.N. climate change meeting in Geneva.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations