Is Berkley Being Wooed?By
Even a penny or two in earnings disappointment can send a stock diving. So W.R. Berkley (BKLY) was expected to tumble when the propertyand-casualty insurer reported second-quarter operating earnings of 90 cents a share--less than the Street's consensus call of 92 cents. They didn't: Berkley instead jumped from 41 to 44. Why? Whispers of a takeover.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself