Tinseltown On The Thames
London's Pine-wood Studios Ltd. is bustling these days. But the cast and crew are not making just arty British films in the tradition of such classics as Kind Hearts and Coronets. No, Pinewood has gone Hollywood. Or maybe it's better to say Hollywood has gone Pinewood. The studio is filming a $46 million blockbuster, The Saint, starring Val Kilmer, for release next year by Paramount. Work on The Saint started soon after completion of Paramount's Mission: Impossible, the Tom Cruise hit also made at Pinewood.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap