The China Connection
For over half a century, Southwest Products Co. has supplied the U.S. defense and aviation industries. The small but highly regarded Irwindale (Calif.) company has carved out a niche as a leading manufacturer of spherical bearings for aircraft made by Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, and Lockheed. Today, its 60 factory workers make bearings for the Pentagon's C-17 military transport plane. NASA even uses Southwest's bearings in the Space Shuttle.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock