A Wealth Of Economic Opinion
I read your Cover Story ("Economic growth: A proposal," July 8) with interest, and I agree with your broad points. Regarding taxes, however, I believe that we have huge amounts of savings locked up in capital gains that could be released to invest anew with a simple tax fix: index capital gains to inflation. A surprising amount of money would come out of the woodwork.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt