Javelins Are Already Flying At Billy Payne
They went to Atlanta to find gold, but with opening ceremonies just days away, the atmosphere among Olympic sponsors has turned decidedly leaden. Top-tier sponsors say the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games has undermined the value of sponsorships by inking too many deals, slicing product categories too thin, and letting in lower-tier sponsors at bargain rates. "The Olympic franchise has been damaged almost beyond repair," says Robert R. Prazmark, head of 21st Century Marketing Group, an ex-consultant for the International Olympic Committee, which sells worldwide sponsorship rights.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone