Fewer Guns, More Butter
Global military spending, which turned down in the late 1980s, has continued to decline in the 1990s. According to a new International Monetary Fund report, such expenditures fell from 3.6% of the world's gross domestic product in 1990 to just 2.4% in 1995.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone